Yeah, I didn't write anything yesterday and nobody noticed. Big surprise there! Lewis says I need to get into the regimen of making an entry everyday. I know all about regimen since that is what the army is all about. We used to patrol a sandpit of a town not too many klicks from Al Mardi and it was so boring. That was one of my first locs when I got my boots on the ground and not an impressive place to be. Everyday was the same, walking the empty streets, looking through the houses, verifying the abandoned cars on the streets were okay. Slav (he had some unpronounceable Russian name) used to say he knew the name of every desert flea in the damn town. He went down two months after i got there when some old Fiat that we'd passed everyday without incident blew up one day. He knew the regimen and followed protocol and still went home without his legs.
Uh...not that I think my computer is going to cut my legs out from under me if I don't write everyday. I started to write yesterday but all i ended up with is a blank screen and the more I thought about it, the more my head hurt. I get headaches sometimes when I try to remember things, thinking about Slav caused no problems.
-Soldier Z
No comments:
Post a Comment