I have a job interview today. Haven't been on one in a while but it was setup at through the VA. I hate wearing a suit, have a hard time getting my tie right and it always makes me think of funerals. When my Dad died I had to have Aunt Polly tie it for me, she damned near choked my neck and kept mumbling about how Dad shouldn't have been out shoveling snow at his age and how it was appalling that no one (meaning me) had come over to help him out. I remember she smelled like cherry cough drops and mothballs and I could see her eyes drifting further and further away as she worked on the knot, trying to get the length to come out right. After Dad's funeral, I didn't hear from that side of the family again. I wonder if they even knew I joined the Army.
-Soldier Z
Don't trust the damned VA! Kept sending me out on interviews for shit jobs and telling the employers that I was PTS'd. I think they're all in collusion with the DOD to keep us struggling, ready to be recalled when they need more bodies.
ReplyDelete